Medellín is a city within the Colombian territory, discovered in 1541 by the arrival of the first Spanish expedition led by Marshal Jorge Robledo. Before being founded in 1616, it was precisely where today it is known as the Poblado Park. This area was inhabited by indigenous populations, who lived on corn and beans, woven cotton blankets and traded salt and goldsmithery.
With the passing of the years the city began to grow leaving industrial bases. From the decade of the sixties until the nineties, the economy of Antioquia has been characterized by having a large industry, very diversified in different sectors.
Hoy en día es una de las principales ciudades el país que cuenta con grandes instituciones, aportando al crecimiento constante y desarrollo de la ciudad. Además de ser un destino turístico muy atractivo para los extranjeros por su agradable clima sub-tropical, sus hermosas montañas verdes, el carisma de sus ciudadanos, la diversidad de fauna y flora y la historia que acompaña cada espacio y cada rincón considerándola como La Ciudad de la Eterna Primavera.
Today it is one of the main cities in the country with large institutions, contributing to the constant growth and development of the city. Besides being a very attractive tourist destination for foreigners due to its pleasant sub-tropical climate, its beautiful green mountains, the charisma of its citizens, the diversity of fauna and flora and the history that accompanies each space and each corner considering it as The City of Eternal Spring.
If you plan to visit the city we leave you a route that you definitely can not let pass:
- Downtown Medellín: Definitely visit a city knowing its history the trip becomes much more interesting. In downtown Medellín you can start with: Parque Bolívar, Junín, Parque Berrio, Avenida Oriental, Museo de Antioquia, Parque Botero. https://www.centrodemedellin.co/
- Parque Explora: A science and technology park, with aquarium and planetarium, they have versatile spaces, memorable underwater sceneries, halls awarded nationally and internationally for their unconventional experiences, which allow you to live the deepest and truest meaning of innovation. http://www.parqueexplora.org/
- Arví Park: It is an open park developed on public land, created for the enjoyment of the entire local, national and international community, which through the construction of an organized tourism offer, allows to consolidate a strategy of conservation and promotion of the potentialities and strengths of the town, exalting its cultural and environmental wealth as well as archaeological heritage, silletera tradition and entrepreneurship of its people, through a sustainable nature tourism proposal.
- Jardín Botánico: https://www.botanicomedellin.org/
- Sports Units: Courts, swimming pools, Gymnasiums, Training and much more, know all the sports offer that Medellin offers by visiting the following link: https://www.inder.gov.co/
- Graffiti in commune 13: History, Art, Music, Culture. https://www.medellingraffititour.com/
In addition the city has a public transport system that is of great help to travel each space. In the following link you can find all the information about the Metro System. https://www.metrodemedellin.gov.co/